David's roots were in the Law Centre movement where he worked until 1997 before he joined Arden Chambers. David has since established himself as one of the foremost leading junior's in housing law.
Homelessness; allocations and transfers of housing accommodation; security of tenure; right to buy and to acquire; leases and service charges; rent control; disrepair; environmental health; mortgages.
Local Government: Powers and duties; judicial review; liability; human rights; housing benefit; disposal and management of housing; notices; employment.
Landlord & Tenant: Tenancy agreements; security of tenure (residential and commercial); leases, service charges and enfranchisement; harassment and illegal eviction; rents and rent control; leases, service charges and management orders; disrepair; environmental health.
Social Security: Housing benefit; income support and jobseeker''s allowance; contributory benefits.
- (Lynch) v Lambeth LBC  H.L.R. 15, QBD: allocation of accommodation; reasonable preference.
- YL v Birmingham CC and others  2 W.L.R. 1097, CA and  3 W.L.R., HL: powers and duties of local authorities.
- R. v Islington LB Ex p. Thomas (1997) 30 H.L.R. 111, QBD: suitability of accommodation, inquiries.
- R v Brent LBC Ex p. Sadiq  33 H.L.R. 47, QBD: revocation of determination.
- Carter v Wandsworth LBC  2 All E.R. 192, CA: procedural fairness.
- William v Wandsworth LBC  H.L.R. 42, CA: intentional homelessness; procedure.
- R (Lynch) v Lambeth LBC  H.L.R. 15, QBD: adequacy of reasons; alternative remedy.
- R (Abdi) v Lambeth LBC  EWHC 1565 (Admin), QBD: interim accommodation; procedural fairness.
- Watchman v Ipswich BC  H.L.R. 33, CA: intentional homelessness, causation.
Landlord & Tenant
- Forebury Estates Ltd v Chiltern, Thames and Eastern R.A.C.  33 H.L.R. 64, QBD: fair rent; rent assessment committee.
- Alamo Housing Cooperative Ltd v Meredith  35 HLR 62, CA: right to possession after extinction of legal estate.
- Akram v Adam  1 W.L.R. 2762, CA: protected tenancy, possession.
- R (Stanley) v Metropolitan Police, Brent LBC and Secretary of State for the Home Department H.L.R. 8, QBD: publishing ASBOs.
- Akram v Adam  1 W.L.R. 2762, CA: civil procedure.
- YL v Birmingham CC and others  2 W.L.R. 1097, CA and  3 W.L.R., HL: meaning of public authority.