54 Doughty Street
020 7404 1313
On Tuesday 10th March 2020, the University of Nottingham Human Rights Law Centre and Doughty Street Chambers will be co-hosting a one-day training course entitled “Social Rights in Europe: Advocacy and Litigation”.
This day of training will give solicitors and barristers an insight into social rights litigation and campaigning tactics in other jurisdictions and how they might usefully be deployed in the UK and European legal context.
Led by international experts in the field, this session will provide practitioners, civil society, academics and others with information about social rights standards, mechanisms and avenues that have historically received relatively little attention in the UK and Europe but which are of growing importance in terms of legal practice, civil society advocacy and academic work.
Confirmed instructors include:
- VirgÍnia de Brás Gomes (former Chair of the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights)
- Professor Jeff Kenner (Professor of EU Law, University of Nottingham)
- Susie Talbot (activist lawyer working on international economic, social and cultural rights and ecology; formerly Legal Director at ESCR-Net, Lawyer at INTERIGHTS)
- Professor Aoife Nolan (Professor of International Human Rights Law, University of Nottingham; Academic member, Doughty Street Chambers; Member, Council of Europe European Committee of Social Rights)
- Jamie Burton (Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers)
The price of your ticket is £53 (includes VAT + Eventbrite Fee), in addition to lunch, and all tea & coffee breaks. You are also invited to stay for a drinks reception after the event, as the guests of Doughty Street Chambers. Reductions are available for multiple bookings from the same institution, for students and the unwaged.
Payments can be made through Eventbrite via credit card or pay by invoice.
Tickets can be purchased here.
Group discounted rates are available as follows:
Group of 2 - £90 (£45 per ticket)
Group of 3 - £127.50 (£42.50 per ticket)
Student Discount - £35 (must show Student ID at the venue)
Any queries should be directed to Agnes Flues at firstname.lastname@example.org.